- Doctor of Education, (Ed. D.), Counseling (Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, 2001)
- Master of Arts, Clinical Psychology (Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, 1987)
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology (University of Missouri, St. Louis, 1983).
Professional Counseling Experience
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, private practice, Rockford, IL since 1993
- Marital/Family Therapist, Family Services Association, Beloit, WI (1990-1995)
- Adolescent and Child Psychotherapist, Covenant Children’s Home, Princeton, IL (1987-1989)
College Courses Taught as Adjunct Professor
- Self-Care in Christian Ministry (Rock River Christian College (2015)
- Introduction to Christian Counseling Rock River Christian College (2014)
- Psychological Disorders (Judson University: 2000-2007)
- Introduction to Counseling (Judson University: 2000-2001).
- Illinois: Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) (License # 180-000340)
- Colorado: Licensed Clinical Counselor (pending)
- American Counseling Association (2018 to current)
- American Association of Christian Counselors (1989 to present)
Advanced Training in Cognitive Therapy
- Advanced Training in CBT by Donald Meichenbaum, Ph.D. (over 25 CEU hrs 1995-2015)
- Advanced Training in CBT by David Burns M.D. (over 15 CEU hrs 1995-2015)
- Advanced Training in CBT by Albert Ellis, Ph.D. (6 CEU hrs 2001)
- Advanced Training in Schema Therapy by Jeffrey Young Ph.D. (8 CEU hrs, 1997)
- Advanced Training in CBT by Arthur Freeman, EdD (over 20 CEU hrs 1995-2015)
- Clinical supervision in CBT under Mervin Smucker, Ph. D. at the Cognitive Therapy Institute of Milwaukee (over 15 hours, 1999)
Advanced Training in Mindfulness
- Advanced Training in Mindfulness by Steven C. Hayes, Ph.D. (12 CEU hrs, Oct 25-26, 2012)
Advanced Training in Christian Counseling
- Transformational Prayer Ministry (TPM) Apprenticeship (24 unit hours) under Dr. Ed`Smith, Campbellville, KY, August 21-24, 2002; Basic Principles (8 unit hours), Dr. Karl Lehman, Chicago, December 2001.
- Freedom in Christ Training: Advanced Seminar for Counselors & Clergy (15 hrs). Dr. Neil Anderson, October 27 & 28, 1994, Rockford, IL.