The S.E.A.R.C.H. M.E. steps for Christians wanting to win their spiritual battles with their addictions:
- Seek God’s help in showing you the dark thoughts and emotions that you are fleeing from in your addiction by praying: “Search Me O God” (Ps 139:23)
- Express each dark thought and feeling to God, as David does in the psalms.
- Ask for God’s response to each thought and feeling.
- Receive His GRACE through Jesus for your guilt and shame,
- Cling to His COMFORT for your pain,
- Hear Jesus say: “My power’s made complete in this weakness (2 Cor 12:9).
- Make a resolve to stop mindlessly engaging in your addiction by
- Examining your heart with these steps, morning, noon, and night.